Part of the Hunter Valley Wine & Food Festival
The Mini “Taste of Wollombi” festival, a prelude to the grand relaunch of the Taste of Wollombi festival next year (2024), is set to tantalize your taste buds and immerse you in the rich culture and heritage of the region.
The festival is a part of the larger Hunter Valley Wine and Food festival, and it offers a unique opportunity to experience the best of Wollombi’s local produce, wines, and culinary delights. With a series of events lined up, each one promises a unique and memorable experience.
- Thursday (08 June) @ 6:30pm: Kick off your gastronomic journey with the Curry & Wine Supper Club. Here, you can indulge in a three-course Indian feast paired with local wines. The event is hosted at the quaint Myrtle & Stone restaurant, where you can enjoy the warm and welcoming atmosphere while savouring the exotic flavours of Indian cuisine. (from $65 p.p.)
- Saturday (10 June) @ 4:00pm: Next, step into a magical evening with the Picnic by Lantern Light. This enchanting event invites you to picnic under the stars in the historic tavern grounds. Bring your picnic blanket and enjoy a night filled with delicious food, local wines, live music and the famed ‘Cracker Night’ fireworks. (from $25 p.p.)
- Saturday (10 +11 June) @ 11:00am: gather the family for a winter celebration at the Picnic in the Grove in Stonehurst’s pear grove. Enjoy live music, Stonehurst organic wines, antipasto platters, lawn games, and a kids petting zoo. (from $15 p.p., free for kids)
- Sunday (11 June) @ 6:00pm:For pizza lovers, the “A Slice of Hunter” Pizza & Wine Degustation is a must-visit. This 5-course culinary event offers a unique twist on the traditional wine tasting experience. Enjoy a selection of gourmet pizzas, each carefully paired with a local wine to enhance the flavours. It’s a delightful fusion of Italian tradition and Hunter Valley’s finest produce. (from $30 p.p.)
- Monday (12 June) @ 8am – 2pm: Get up early and be sure not to miss the Wollombi Markets. These vibrant markets are a treasure trove of local produce, handmade crafts, and unique gifts. It’s the perfect place to pick up a souvenir or two and support the local community. (free / donation on entry)
- Monday (12 June) @ 2:00pm:Finally, end your long weekend with a taste of Australia’s native flavours at the Afternoon Bush Tea. This event offers a unique opportunity to enjoy a cup of aromatic tea, paired with a selection of local Australian treats. (from $40 p.p.)
The Mini “Taste of Wollombi” festival is more than just a food and wine event. It’s a celebration of community, culture, and the simple joy of sharing good food and wine in a beautiful setting. So, come and join us in Wollombi, where every taste tells a story.
We can’t wait to welcome you to our table.
Hunter Valley’s Foodie Route#VisitWollombi
Looking to make a trip of it from (or to) Sydney? Check out the scenic Tourist Drive 33, Hunter Valley’s foodie drive.