The Wollombi Valley is located at the southern gateway to Hunter Valley Wine Country, just 90 minutes drive Sydney, and 60 minutes from Newcastle and the Central Coast. We are a small yet thriving community, full of creative people who love the lifestyle this beautiful area provides. There is something for everyone in the Wollombi Valley, whether you are looking to live, work or visit. From cafes and boutique shops, to wineries and galleries, from schools and pony club, to tennis courts and the garden club.
Who are we?
The Wollombi Valley Chamber of Commerce Inc (WVCC) began in 1992 as a business organisation representing local business interests, providing services for the community and visitors to the Wollombi Valley. In 2010 WVCC launched a new brand Wollombi Valley Tourism (WVT) to be clear that our main focus is to promote the Wollombi Valley as a destination. We believe that today’s visitors are tomorrow’s home owners and that “tourism is everybody’s business” either directly or indirectly.
What do we do?
WVT aims to create an environment of success. We do this by:
- Defining and promoting the “Wollombi Valley experience”.
- Increasing awareness of the Wollombi Valley to visitors already coming to the Hunter Valley so to: Increase our share of visitors, Increase time spent by visitors to Wollombi Valley, Increase the dollars spent by visitors to the Wollombi Valley.
- Ensuring the flow on effects benefit other local businesses.
What are the benefits of Membership?
- Benefit from promotional work undertaken by the WVT
- Advertise your business on the Wollombi Valley Tourism website – your Business Listing includes a hyperlink to your website
- Opportunity to submit News and Events to both the website and Visit Wollombi Facebook page
- Network with fellow members representing many different businesses in the area
- Have access to council, government and funding opportunities
- Be part of a responsible and respected business organisation
- Participate in regular general meetings
- Influence and help shape the growth and direction of the Wollombi Valley
- Have a vote at the Annual General Meeting, and help decide who will lead the WVCC
- Become a part of the vibrant business community within the Wollombi Valley, and help ensure visitor enjoy their experience in the area.
The membership fees for 2023/24 Financial Year are as follows:
- Accommodation and Tourism Experiences – $200 per year
- Additional Business Listing e.g. Accommodation with Cellar Door or Multiple accommodation venues – $100 per year
- Retail and Catering – $100 per year
- Trades and Professional Services – $50 per year
- Community Group, Association or Not for Profit – Free
- Associate Member – $50 per year
The Executive Committee
Committee & Advisors
Membership Officer – Peter Migan (Wollombi Farm Country House)
Grants & Liason Officer – Jim Wilson (Wollombi Kitchen)
Social Media Officer – Rachel Thornton
Events & Awards Advisor – Deb Harrod
Special Advisor – Graham Skeates
For more information or to join the Chamber of Commerce, contact the Secretary by email.
Wollombi Valley Tourism Meetings
Wollombi Valley Tourism have a General Meeting every second month, and the Executive Committee have a Management Meeting each month. If you have an issue you would like raised at a meeting, please email the President.
Executive Committee / Management Meeting -1st Tuesday of each Month, 9.30 am – 11.00am.