The Wollombi Valley is located at the southern gateway to Hunter Valley Wine Country, just two hours drive from the Sydney CBD, and one hour from Newcastle and the Central Coast. We are a small yet thriving community, full of creative people who love the lifestyle this beautiful area provides. There is something for everyone in the Wollombi Valley, whether you are looking to live, work or visit. From cafes and boutique shops, to wineries and galleries, from schools and pony club, to tennis courts and the garden club.
The Wollombi Valley Chamber of Commerce Inc (WVCC) began in 1992 as a business organisation representing local business interests, providing services for the community and visitors to the Wollombi Valley. In 2010 WVCC launched a new brand Wollombi Valley Tourism (WVT) to be clear that our main focus is to promote the Wollombi Valley as a destination. We believe that today’s visitors are tomorrow’s home owners and that “tourism is everybody’s business” either directly or indirectly.
WVT aims to create an environment of success. We do this by:
- Defining and promoting the “Wollombi Valley experience”.
- Increasing awareness of the Wollombi Valley to visitors already coming to the Hunter Valley so to: Increase our share of visitors, Increase time spent by visitors to Wollombi Valley, Increase the dollars spent by visitors to the Wollombi Valley.
- Ensuring the flow on effects benefit other local businesses.
- Benefit from promotional work undertaken by the WVT
- Advertise your business on the Wollombi Valley Tourism website – your Business Listing includes a hyperlink to your website
- Opportunity to submit News and Events to both the website and Visit Wollombi Facebook page
- Network with fellow members representing many different businesses in the area
- Have access to council, government and funding opportunities
- Be part of a responsible and respected business organisation
- Participate in regular general meetings
- Influence and help shape the growth and direction of the Wollombi Valley
- Have a vote at the Annual General Meeting, and help decide who will lead the WVCC
- Become a part of the vibrant business community within the Wollombi Valley, and help ensure visitor enjoy their experience in the area.
All fees collected through membership assist the Wollombi Valley Chamber of Commerce with marketing and promotion of the Wollombi Valley and other projects to assist with business development.
Fees for 2018/19 are:
- $200 per year for Tourism Businesses
- $100 per year for Additional Tourism Businesses (such as a Vineyard Cellar Door with Accommodation)
- $30 per year for Non-Tourism Businesses (such as local tradesmen)
Download a copy of the membership information and application form, complete the form and return with the appropriate payment. Your membership application will be reviewed at the next meeting.
Wollombi Valley Chamber of Commerce Inc Executive Committee August 2019 to August 2020
For more information, or to join the Chamber of Commerce, contact the Secretary, Amber Sheedy by email.
Wollombi Valley Tourism have a General Meeting every second month, and the Executive Committee have a Management Meeting each month. If you have an issue you would like raised at a meeting, please email the President.
General Dinner Meetings 2020
Monday 3 February 2020 – 6pm
Monday 6 April 2020 – 6pm
Monday 1 June 2020 – 6pm
Monday 3 August 2020 – 6pm
Committee Meetings 2020
Friday 31 January 2020
Monday 24 February 2020
Monday 30 March 2020
Monday 27 April 2020
Monday 25 May 2020
Monday 29 June 2020
Monday 27 July 2020
Monday 24 August 2020