Wollombi Endeavour Museum is now situated in an 1866 sandstone building which operated until 1951 as a Court House. After 1951 the Court House was used as a Police Station and a Community Hall until 1970 when it became a Museum managed by Cessnock District Historical and Family History Inc.
The Museum now houses exhibits and displays of local history obtained within the original late 1800’s Wollombi Court House Police Precinct. This area was bounded by Ellalong and Woy Woy to the East, Hawkesbury River to the South, Putty Road to the West and up to near Broke in the North.
In 1840, David Dunlop was appointed the first Magistrate and occupied the Court House which was then situated in an old local rough sawn timber building at the rear of the current Court House. Dunlop, as Wollombi Magistrate, ran the Court House with a staff of one Clerk of the Court and ten policemen.