Welcome to the Wollombi Valley …
gateway to NSW Hunter Valley Wine Country
Stay for a weekend, or a week … wake up to the sound of birdsong, mist-filled valleys and a friendly community. From a B&B or guesthouse to a secluded cottage, you’ll find accommodation to meet your requirements and budget.
The relaxing atmosphere hides a wealth of activities and attractions. The valley is rich in history, from aboriginal rock engravings to the convict-built Great North Road and historic buildings of the Wollombi village.
Taste award-winning local wines at a selection of boutique wineries that are always ready to welcome you and share their wine-making secrets. Local cafes offer everything from fine dining to a casual al fresco meal.
Why visit Wollombi?
- Experience rich aboriginal and colonial history, including the convict-built Great North Road, museum, and historical buildings. The name “Wollombi” is derived from the Aboriginal meaning ‘meeting place’ or ‘meeting place of the waters’
- Enjoy the superb natural beauty and peaceful country-side with Yengo National Park and the Watagan Mountains offering bushwalking and 2WD/4WD tracks
- Taste award-winning local wines at a selection of boutique wineries that are always ready to welcome you and share their wine-making secrets
- Relax in front of the fire at one of the many B&Bs, guesthouses or self-contained cottages
- Sample a Dr Jurds Jungle Juice at the Tavern, relax with the locals at the Laguna Trading Post or dine al fresco at one of the cafes